Tokeasy, a feature-length film that satirizes marijuana today by paralleling it with alcohol during prohibition, will hold a casting call on Saturday, August 20th from Noon - 4pm. We are looking to cast the following roles:
- Bud - late 20's white male, a stoner with ambition (leading role)
- Tyrell - mid 20's to mid 30's African American male, a stoner that holds himself professionally (leading role)
- Royce - early 30's to late 30's white male, a washed up police officer (leading role)
- Enrique - late 20's Hispanic male, a gigolo
- Julio - Hispanic male, Bud's drug dealer
- Juan - Hispanic male that speaks semi-fluent Spanish, leader of the Mexican mafia
- Young Grace - 20's female, a prostitute
- Old Grace - any age female (we'll be using makeup to make you look as old as possible), a kinky old lady
- Nurse Nancy - early 40's to mid 50's female
We will be shooting the film between now and November 10th. Bud, Tyrell, and Royce will be needed for 20-30 days of shooting. The other roles will only be needed for a few days at most. The majority of the film will be shot in the Denver metro area, but there may be some scenes shot in other parts of Colorado.
Please e-mail email@example.com with a resume and headshot to set up a time to audition. If you do not fit the description of any of the above roles but are still interested in other smaller roles please feel free to send us your resumes and headshots. We need to cast roughly 50 roles in all. We'll also be flexible to audition you if you can't make the August 20th casting call. Please bring a monologue and be prepared to read scenes from the script (we'll send you the scenes you'll be reading when we receive your resume/headshot). The casting call will be held at the Denver Open Media building, located at 700 Kalamath in Denver. Enter through the west door (on the side of the building that runs against Kalamath) and go up the stairs on your left.
Some parts may be paid (pay is negotiable).