IATSE Local 7 Membership Drive Open Now through December 1
In response to the upcoming film production “The Hateful Eight”, Colorado’s IATSE Local #7, has declared an Organizational Film Membership Drive from October 1, 2014 through December 1, 2014.
Local 7 represents only the following job classifications within Colorado: Construction, Craft Services, Electricians, First Aid, Greens, Grips, Hair and Makeup, Paint, Props, Set Dressing, Sound, Special Effects, Special Skills, Video, Wardrobe, and Welfare workers and tutors. Camera department personnel are not represented by Local 7; contact Local 600 in Los Angeles.
The production is a union signatory with IATSE (and with DGA, SAG, and Teamsters), so the jobs available are going to tend to be Production Assistants (PAs). Anyone seeking other kinds of crew work: camera assistants, grips, makeup artists, art dept, etc., should be aware that the film is an IATSE union signatory and will be limited to members of the appropriate locals. Applications for PA and similar positions can be made to the addresses at the bottom of this article.
All interested candidates for Film Membership in IATSE Local #7 must submit resumes via email to: www.iatse7denver.org with "Film Resume" in the subject line OR by US Mail to the address listed below. Questions not answered here should be directed to: Regina Krueger, Vice President of Film at IATSE Local #7, at 303.503.2385.
Qualifications for membership in the film section of Local #7:
- Have been a resident within the jurisdiction of the the Local for at least 18 months. and
- Have met one of the following requirements:
- Three credits in a single job classification (see above), of which one credit is for thirty days of employment, within the previous twelve months.
- Sixty days of employment in a single job classification within the previous twelve months.
- Thirty continuous days of employment under a signatory agreement within the previous twelve months.
- Were employed on a job that was then organized by the Local.
- Five credits that were full-paying jobs in a single job classification within the previous twenty-four months, and can provide two local letters of reference.
The fee to join IATSE Local #7 during this 60 day Membership Drive is $300.00 and is not due until resumés have been reviewed and candidates are accepted into membership. Review is by a three-person Board of Examiners.
Resumés from Members in Good Standing of other IATSE Locals will be accepted and submitted to production for employment consideration. These individuals need not join IATSE Local #7 nor transfer their memberships.
Questions should be directed to: Regina Krueger, VP Film IATSE Local #7 at 303.503.2385.
IATSE Local #7 is the Denver Theatrical Stage, Film and Exhibition Employees Union at 1475 Curtis St., Denver, CO 80202.
To apply for Production Assistant and similar jobs, the “Hateful Eight" Production Office can be reached at: Production Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Production Ofc Phone: 323/468-5250